BLINK - and you will miss them; Microexpressions - the window to your emotions.
- Microexpressions Training Tools - the window to your emotions.
- Paul Ekman - Scientific Advisor to Pixar/Disney new movie - Inside Out.
- Lying Game - Crimes that Fooled Britain
- Cliff will be exploring how the research into emotions and multi-modal communication channels can help business leaders to read, understand and influence clients, staff and other stakeholders to benefit all parties.
- Behavioral Detection Officers and the SPOT programme - principles and practice are sound and evaluation continues
- Expressions of emotion - universality challenged again?
- MSc in Forensic Emotion Awareness - 10000-hrs to expertise
- 92% of HR professionals believe they are lied to every week
- Prof. Paul Ekman in Italy to meet our delegates
- Paul Ekman commencement speech - Alliant University June 2013
- Risk based screening by Transportation Security Administration based on Paul Ekman science
- Ekman research into face and body language sparked research giving professional basketball players the edge
- The truth is on our faces: Former Army psychologist trains troops to spot lies through microexpressions
- Are Facial Expressions of Emotion Universal ?
- Can Ekman based training in emotions help those on the Aspergers spectrum?
- Cliff Lansley presented at the International Coaching Federation in London about how the science of Dr Paul Ekman can be applied to enhance the coaching process
- Ekman trained staff are 50 times more effective at spotting high risk passengers
- Dr Ekman charms an international delegation with leading edge research and a range of new online tools
- The cost of not picking up deception in job applications can cost employers £4k-£6k per mistake
- Paul Ekman approved courses take facial microexpressions, emotion awareness and deception courses global.
- EIA to launch FACS (Facial Action Coding System) for Body Language
- Emotional awareness (85%) beats IQ (27%) according to recent research by Virgin Media Business
- The average adult in UK lies three times in a day
- LIE TO ME - Series 1-3 spreading around the world on FOX and SKY.
- Paul Ekman approved programmes can now be delivered on-site - giving you the flexibility to choose the time and place for your training.
- Take this ten mnute BBC test to see if you can spot a genuine smile.
- Explore the basic facial expressions with this novel app!
When people deliberately try to conceal their emotions, or unconsciously repress their emotions, a very brief facial expression often occurs. This is invisible to nearly everyone who has not trained with METT as it usually occurs for only 1/15 to 1/25 of a second. Training with METT enables you to better spot truth and lies, put people at ease, understand others more deeply and be more successful in many contexts including sales, leadership, management, coaching and customer service.
Click here to access the online
Research with schizophrenics has shown that those who have used METT are better able to recognize how others are feeling.
Micro expressions tell you that the emotion is concealed. But they do not tell you how or why it was concealed. They may be the result of a conscious, deliberate choice in which the person knows how he/she is feeling but does not want anyone else to know. Or, as a result of repression, in which the person does not know how he/she is feeling and has been blocked from their consciousness. You will need to determine if the concealment is deliberate or unconscious, as they look the same. Your knowledge of the situation in which they occur should help you figure this out, or you may need to ask questions to find out.
While most of us miss the valuable signs of concealed emotions, the Micro Expression Training Tool (METT) will enable you - in about an hour - to spot most of them. The facial expressions of anger, fear, sadness, disgust, contempt, surprise and happiness are universal - the same for all people.
METT includes a Pre-Test to establish how many micro expressions you can spot without training, followed by Training, Practice, and a Post-Test so you can see how much you have improved.
METT offers practice and training opportunities and is recommended for those in security, defence, education, sales, and the medical professions where "reading" emotions in others is paramount to performance. A certificate of completion is available for those who receive 80%. You can stay logged on this tool to see if you can hit 95% to receive the Expert level certification.
While nearly everyone improves from the pre to post test on first use, not everyone can reach the highest levels of accuracy straight away due to differences in their ability to grab visual information quickly (visual acuity). Also we know that these skills decay over time.
For thess reasons the unique feature of the tools we will be bringing to you is that we leave you registered with the tool for continued practice and testing - even after the certification offered on METT.