EIA launch FACS (Facial Action Coding System) for Body Language
- Microexpressions Training Tools - the window to your emotions.
- Paul Ekman - Scientific Advisor to Pixar/Disney new movie - Inside Out.
- Lying Game - Crimes that Fooled Britain
- Cliff will be exploring how the research into emotions and multi-modal communication channels can help business leaders to read, understand and influence clients, staff and other stakeholders to benefit all parties.
- Behavioral Detection Officers and the SPOT programme - principles and practice are sound and evaluation continues
- Expressions of emotion - universality challenged again?
- MSc in Forensic Emotion Awareness - 10000-hrs to expertise
- 92% of HR professionals believe they are lied to every week
- Prof. Paul Ekman in Italy to meet our delegates
- Paul Ekman commencement speech - Alliant University June 2013
- Risk based screening by Transportation Security Administration based on Paul Ekman science
- Ekman research into face and body language sparked research giving professional basketball players the edge
- The truth is on our faces: Former Army psychologist trains troops to spot lies through microexpressions
- Are Facial Expressions of Emotion Universal ?
- Can Ekman based training in emotions help those on the Aspergers spectrum?
- Cliff Lansley presented at the International Coaching Federation in London about how the science of Dr Paul Ekman can be applied to enhance the coaching process
- Ekman trained staff are 50 times more effective at spotting high risk passengers
- Dr Ekman charms an international delegation with leading edge research and a range of new online tools
- The cost of not picking up deception in job applications can cost employers £4k-£6k per mistake
- Paul Ekman approved courses take facial microexpressions, emotion awareness and deception courses global.
- EIA to launch FACS (Facial Action Coding System) for Body Language
- Emotional awareness (85%) beats IQ (27%) according to recent research by Virgin Media Business
- The average adult in UK lies three times in a day
- LIE TO ME - Series 1-3 spreading around the world on FOX and SKY.
- Paul Ekman approved programmes can now be delivered on-site - giving you the flexibility to choose the time and place for your training.
- Take this ten mnute BBC test to see if you can spot a genuine smile.
- Explore the basic facial expressions with this novel app!
We would just like to announce that one of our Lead Licensed Delivery Centres, Emotional Intelligence Academy (www.emotionintell.com) has been working on a taxonomy of Body Language for the last 18 months and will be launching the framework in the new year.
It is a comprehensive framework that takes a similar approach to
that taken by the Facial Action Coding System (FACS) with the face
- just applied to the body. As you can imagine it is a huge piece
of work to encapsulate all the body positions and movements that
may communicate something to others. It is now in a format that
they will release though they expect the refinement of the model to
run for seven years+.
EIA have stopped short of covering the 200 variants of sign language, though the taxonomy breaks down to every part of the skeleton and joints (especially hands and arms) and they now believe its design will cope with any gesture, signal, symbol you can imagine - whether they mean anything to any culture, club, profession or generation... or not (yet!).
Please note that EIA are not even considering interpretation of each 'signal' at this stage as, like FACS, this aims to be a common taxonomy only. What they mean to different people and animals will come from the research EIA will push out and encourage once beta testing is completed. They are even avoiding English language descriptors, against a great deal of pressure to include them - to minimise bias and poor translation. It is purely numbers and videos/photos to allow cross cultural studies. Where FACS has <90 codes plus intensity, handedness and movement, the body is far more complex. So the model deals comprehensively (they claim) with only 400+ primary codes and multiple variations plus movement, degree, intensity, proximity, direction, elevation, and many other elements that apply to body signals and movement.
EIA are seeking professionals/academics working in the field to peer review the framework and would be keen to hear from those who might be interested in taking part. Anyone who is interested can let them through the link below (in the Research section) and they will mail out a formal invite early in 2013.
EIA assures any volunteers of proper recognition and access to the developing framework.
Please contact Emotional Intelligence Academy if you are interested in supporting this research.