Take this BBC test to see if you can spot a genuine smile
- Cliff Lansley - Keynote Speaker at ACFE Conference 2015
- Cliff will be exploring how the research into emotions and multi-modal communication channels can help business leaders to read, understand and influence clients, staff and other stakeholders to benefit all parties.
- BLINK - and you will miss them; Microexpressions - the window to your emotions.
- Lying Game - Crimes that Fooled Britain
- Behavioral Detection Officers and the SPOT programme - principles and practice are sound and evaluation continues
- Expressions of emotion - universality challenged again?
- MSc in Forensic Emotion Awareness - 10000-hrs to expertise
- 92% of HR professionals believe they are lied to every week
- Prof. Paul Ekman in Italy to meet our delegates
- Paul Ekman commencement speech - Alliant University June 2013
- PeopleIntell - the first PEI Licensed Delivery Centre takes Paul Ekman approved courses into the USA
- Risk based screening by Transportation Security Administration based on Paul Ekman science
- Ekman research into face and body language sparked research giving professional basketball players the edge
- The truth is on our faces: Former Army psychologist trains troops to spot lies through microexpressions
- Are Facial Expressions of Emotion Universal ?
- Can Ekman based training in emotions help those on the Aspergers spectrum?
- One-day study launched to take a leap from myths and guesswork to data driven analysis with this distillation of the science behind truth and lies.
- Cliff Lansley presented at the International Coaching Federation in London about how the science of Dr Paul Ekman can be applied to enhance the coaching process
- Ekman trained staff are 50 times more effective at spotting high risk passengers
- Dr Ekman charms an international delegation with leading edge research and a range of new online tools
- The cost of not picking up deception in job applications can cost employers £4k-£6k per mistake
- Paul Ekman approved courses take facial microexpressions, emotion awareness and deception courses global.
- EIA to launch FACS (Facial Action Coding System) for Body Language
- Emotional awareness (85%) beats IQ (27%) according to recent research by Virgin Media Business
- The average adult in UK lies three times in a day
- LIE TO ME - Series 1-3 spreading around the world on FOX and SKY.
- Paul Ekman approved programmes can now be delivered on-site - giving you the flexibility to choose the time and place for your training.
- Take this ten mnute BBC test to see if you can spot a genuine smile.
- Explore the basic facial expressions with this novel app!
Most people have difficulty spotting fake smiles. One possible explanation, offered alongside this BBC online test, is that it may be easier for people to get along if they don't always know what others are really feeling.
Although fake smiles often look very similar to genuine smiles, they are actually slightly different, because they are brought about by different muscles, which are controlled by different parts of the brain.
Fake smiles can be performed at will, because the brain signals that create them come from the conscious part of the brain and prompt the zygomaticus major muscles in the cheeks to contract. These are the muscles that pull the corners of the mouth outwards.
Scientists distinguish between genuine and fake smiles by using a coding system called the Facial Action Coding System (FACS), which was devised by Professor Paul Ekman of the University of California and Dr Wallace V. Friesen of the University of Kentucky.
Training in how to recognise happiness and six other emotions which have universal displays on the face is now available within our two core courses. Click here for more details.