Paul Ekman science being furthered as part of the intelligence driven security measures at key ports
- Microexpressions Training Tools - the window to your emotions.
- Paul Ekman - Scientific Advisor to Pixar/Disney new movie - Inside Out.
- Lying Game - Crimes that Fooled Britain
- Cliff will be exploring how the research into emotions and multi-modal communication channels can help business leaders to read, understand and influence clients, staff and other stakeholders to benefit all parties.
- Behavioral Detection Officers and the SPOT programme - principles and practice are sound and evaluation continues
- Expressions of emotion - universality challenged again?
- MSc in Forensic Emotion Awareness - 10000-hrs to expertise
- 92% of HR professionals believe they are lied to every week
- Prof. Paul Ekman in Italy to meet our delegates
- Paul Ekman commencement speech - Alliant University June 2013
- Risk based screening by Transportation Security Administration based on Paul Ekman science
- Ekman research into face and body language sparked research giving professional basketball players the edge
- The truth is on our faces: Former Army psychologist trains troops to spot lies through microexpressions
- Are Facial Expressions of Emotion Universal ?
- Can Ekman based training in emotions help those on the Aspergers spectrum?
- Cliff Lansley presented at the International Coaching Federation in London about how the science of Dr Paul Ekman can be applied to enhance the coaching process
- Ekman trained staff are 50 times more effective at spotting high risk passengers
- Dr Ekman charms an international delegation with leading edge research and a range of new online tools
- The cost of not picking up deception in job applications can cost employers £4k-£6k per mistake
- Paul Ekman approved courses take facial microexpressions, emotion awareness and deception courses global.
- EIA to launch FACS (Facial Action Coding System) for Body Language
- Emotional awareness (85%) beats IQ (27%) according to recent research by Virgin Media Business
- The average adult in UK lies three times in a day
- LIE TO ME - Series 1-3 spreading around the world on FOX and SKY.
- Paul Ekman approved programmes can now be delivered on-site - giving you the flexibility to choose the time and place for your training.
- Take this ten mnute BBC test to see if you can spot a genuine smile.
- Explore the basic facial expressions with this novel app!
What is it?
As part of TSA's evolving risk-based security screening approach, TSA is exploring the combined use of multiple layers of security to indirectly conduct a real-time threat assessment of passengers at select airports. This concept enables TSA to modify standard security lanes to identify passengers for expedited screening through TSA Precheck, which improves security, efficiency and the passenger experience.
How it works
After the initial risk assessment by Passenger Screening Canines and Behavior Detection Officers as passengers move through the standard security checkpoint area, a TSA Officer will verify the traveler's boarding pass and identification while the passenger steps onto an electronic mat with directional arrows.
See pdf slide overview here.
The BDOs will use the SPOT training (Screening of Passengers by Observation Techniques), based on Paul Ekman methods.
The government says the procedure - the SPOT program - is far more effective than random searches. It's based in large part on research conducted by Dr. Paul Ekman, and he tells WDET's Quinn Klinefelter about the benefits and challenges of the SPOT program..
Link here to Paul Ekman's interview with WDET on SPOT - http://j.mp/EKMANonSPOT
The mat randomly designates whether the passenger will experience standard or expedited screening through TSA Precheck. This initiative will operate at designated checkpoints at different times, depending on passenger volume and other variables. Passengers who go through the TSA Precheck process are able to leave on their shoes, light outerwear and belt, and are able to keep their laptop in its case and their 3-1-1 compliant liquids/gels bag in their carry-on. TSA will always incorporate random and unpredictable security measures throughout the airport and no individual will be guaranteed expedited screening. For more information on TSA Precheck visit www.tsa.gov.