Cliff Lansley consults for national TV on notorious crime cases where the subjects make appeals on national TV
- Microexpressions Training Tools - the window to your emotions.
- Paul Ekman - Scientific Advisor to Pixar/Disney new movie - Inside Out.
- Lying Game - Crimes that Fooled Britain
- Cliff will be exploring how the research into emotions and multi-modal communication channels can help business leaders to read, understand and influence clients, staff and other stakeholders to benefit all parties.
- Behavioral Detection Officers and the SPOT programme - principles and practice are sound and evaluation continues
- Expressions of emotion - universality challenged again?
- MSc in Forensic Emotion Awareness - 10000-hrs to expertise
- 92% of HR professionals believe they are lied to every week
- Prof. Paul Ekman in Italy to meet our delegates
- Paul Ekman commencement speech - Alliant University June 2013
- Risk based screening by Transportation Security Administration based on Paul Ekman science
- Ekman research into face and body language sparked research giving professional basketball players the edge
- The truth is on our faces: Former Army psychologist trains troops to spot lies through microexpressions
- Are Facial Expressions of Emotion Universal ?
- Can Ekman based training in emotions help those on the Aspergers spectrum?
- Cliff Lansley presented at the International Coaching Federation in London about how the science of Dr Paul Ekman can be applied to enhance the coaching process
- Ekman trained staff are 50 times more effective at spotting high risk passengers
- Dr Ekman charms an international delegation with leading edge research and a range of new online tools
- The cost of not picking up deception in job applications can cost employers £4k-£6k per mistake
- Paul Ekman approved courses take facial microexpressions, emotion awareness and deception courses global.
- EIA to launch FACS (Facial Action Coding System) for Body Language
- Emotional awareness (85%) beats IQ (27%) according to recent research by Virgin Media Business
- The average adult in UK lies three times in a day
- LIE TO ME - Series 1-3 spreading around the world on FOX and SKY.
- Paul Ekman approved programmes can now be delivered on-site - giving you the flexibility to choose the time and place for your training.
- Take this ten mnute BBC test to see if you can spot a genuine smile.
- Explore the basic facial expressions with this novel app!
Cliff Lansley appeared as Consultant for ITV in the UK documentary.
See Morning TV introductory clip on right of this page >>>>
"It's a scene that's played out time and time again over the last 20 years. In an attempt to throw the police off the scent, the cold-eyed killer stares into the camera and begs the public for help to solve the crime they know they have committed. But how can we tell a genuine appeal from cynical manipulation? A growing body of experts now believe they can expose a liar through scientific methods.
In the Lying Game: The Crimes That Fooled Britain, three of the nation's top forensic and behavioural psychologists and experts reveal the developments in the science of lying.
Using their expertise they will provide fresh insight into some of the most notorious criminal cases: Stuart Hazell killed his step-granddaughter and cried to the press while her lifeless body was stowed in the attic just feet above his head; Mitchell Quy proclaimed his innocence on Richard and Judy and starred in a documentary about his missing wife when all the time he had brutally murdered and dismembered her. Ian Huntley, who murdered two children and then went on camera faking concern; Karen Matthews made plaintiff appeals on TV for her daughter to come home when she knew exactly where she was and was later convicted of kidnapping. Fadi Nasri hired a hitman to kill his wife and then went on TV to beg the killer to come forward. Dr Sharon Leal, a leading forensic psychologist and expert on lying will analyse the on-screen performance of these criminals. For the first time on TV, she will demonstrate the techniques that pinpoint the verbal tells which signal they are lying. Through interviews and experiments she will show us that we have traditionally looked for all the wrong cues when attempting to expose a liar, but that with the right training, we can become better at telling truth from fiction.
Cliff Lansley, Behavioural Analysis Expert (MD - Paul Ekman International and the Emotional Intelligence Academy) and specialist in the physical signs of deception, will pinpoint how lies are given away through minute movements in the face and body. Whilst Kerry Daynes, a Clinical Forensic Psychologist, with years of experience working with criminals, will explain the personality types behind these crimes and what motivated them to do what they did… …Our experts will also examine genuine appeals and flag up the differences in behavior when people are lying and when they are telling the truth. Through documentary footage news archive, interviews with the police and journalists, we look at how the lies of our featured criminals eventually unraveled. Armed with the knowledge of how people lie - The Lying Game: The Crimes That Fool Britain demonstrates how we can all have a better chance of spotting the liars in our own lives."
Adapted from http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week2/lying-game-crimes-fooled-britain#.UsmIlWRdWhg - See more at: http://www.emotionintell.co.uk/the-lying-game-crimes-that-fooled-britain/#sthash.2m9XYLCZ.dpuf