Cliff Lansley - guest speaker at the ABP Conference
- Microexpressions Training Tools - the window to your emotions.
- Paul Ekman - Scientific Advisor to Pixar/Disney new movie - Inside Out.
- Lying Game - Crimes that Fooled Britain
- Cliff will be exploring how the research into emotions and multi-modal communication channels can help business leaders to read, understand and influence clients, staff and other stakeholders to benefit all parties.
- Behavioral Detection Officers and the SPOT programme - principles and practice are sound and evaluation continues
- Expressions of emotion - universality challenged again?
- MSc in Forensic Emotion Awareness - 10000-hrs to expertise
- 92% of HR professionals believe they are lied to every week
- Prof. Paul Ekman in Italy to meet our delegates
- Paul Ekman commencement speech - Alliant University June 2013
- Risk based screening by Transportation Security Administration based on Paul Ekman science
- Ekman research into face and body language sparked research giving professional basketball players the edge
- The truth is on our faces: Former Army psychologist trains troops to spot lies through microexpressions
- Are Facial Expressions of Emotion Universal ?
- Can Ekman based training in emotions help those on the Aspergers spectrum?
- Cliff Lansley presented at the International Coaching Federation in London about how the science of Dr Paul Ekman can be applied to enhance the coaching process
- Ekman trained staff are 50 times more effective at spotting high risk passengers
- Dr Ekman charms an international delegation with leading edge research and a range of new online tools
- The cost of not picking up deception in job applications can cost employers £4k-£6k per mistake
- Paul Ekman approved courses take facial microexpressions, emotion awareness and deception courses global.
- EIA to launch FACS (Facial Action Coding System) for Body Language
- Emotional awareness (85%) beats IQ (27%) according to recent research by Virgin Media Business
- The average adult in UK lies three times in a day
- LIE TO ME - Series 1-3 spreading around the world on FOX and SKY.
- Paul Ekman approved programmes can now be delivered on-site - giving you the flexibility to choose the time and place for your training.
- Take this ten mnute BBC test to see if you can spot a genuine smile.
- Explore the basic facial expressions with this novel app!
The Association for Business Psychology (ABP) is a growing
professional body with over 700 members. Established in 2000, The
ABP represents a community of practitioners and researchers who
remain passionate about applying the principles of psychology to
today's dynamic world of work. We define the term "Business
Psychologist" broadly and as an inclusive title for any individual
with a demonstrable track record of applying psychology in an
organisational setting. ABP members include Occupational and
Psychologists as well as professionals from other Psychology disciplines, HR, coaches, trainers and many more.
The ABP Conference has become an annual event for the industry and attendee numbers continue to grow. Over 200 people attended last year's conference and over half attended from large UK organisations and leading HR and business consultancies. Unlike others in the field, the ABP Conference is the only conference that provides the opportunity for practitioners to connect and collaborate with like-minded people, and contribute to the field of business psychology.
The theme for the Annual Conference is "theory into action". The event celebrates the ABP's focus on practical but evidence based knowledge sharing. ABP builds on the success of every conference to bring attendees something bigger, better and even more fun. This year includes: A World Café networking event, various accreditation sessions by our sponsors, a Street Party, Friday Night Gala dinner and of course a comprehensive programme of speakers including Cliff Lansley MD - Emotional Intelligence Academy.
Cliff will be exploring how the research into emotions and multi-modal communication channels can help business leaders to read, understand and influence clients, staff and other stakeholders to benefit all parties. He will be testing and developing conference attendees' abilities to understand others at a deeper level via micro gestures, micro and subtle facial movements, voice, verbal style and verbal content analysis.